Monday, April 23, 2012

Vintage Pattern Lending Library 1912 Project

Well here I am about ready to sail on board the Vintage Fashion Lending Library 1912 project (http://vpll1912project.org/) inspired by the 100 year anniversary of the Titanic's demise.   I have been a huge fan of VPLL for a very long time and they inspired me to start my own vintage pattern collection.  I now have over 250 vintage patterns ranging from the late 1800s through the mid 1930s which I am slowly and painstakingly trying to preserve by hand.  I began sewing in the late 1980s soon after I graduated from high school and have been obsessed with the early 1900's since I was 10 years old when I saw my first silent film and walked down a place called Yesteryear which was a recreated historical town that you could stroll through and was part of COSI(center of science and industry in Columbus Ohio.  I have a Masters Degree in film history with an emphasis in silent film and now all of my attention(well when I am not taking care of my daughter) goes toward sewing vintage fashions.  Although I love vintage events, I enjoy being a 1920's housewife and homebody and prefer to sew in the small amount of free time that I have.

So I am currently waiting for my welcome newsletter and to pick out my first pattern from the wonderful French Pattern Magazine, La Mode Illustree and to begin recreating the 1912's all over again.  I will be blogging my sewing odyssey complete with pictures so Stay Tuned..........

No comments:

Post a Comment